Professional 8-ink PostScript printer designed for outstanding
Fast printing with an intelligent workflow
• Print quickly with speeds up to 41 sq. m/hr (445 sq. ft/hr).
• Radically simplify and speed up your entire printing workflow with HP Click.
• Preview, crop, and print PDF, PostScript, HP-GL/2, TIFF, JPEG and DWF files without opening applications.
• Shorten turnaround times with a 160 GB hard drive, borderless printing, and fast drying HP Photo Inks.
High-impact, long-lasting color prints
•Impress your customers with high-impact color and black-and-white applications.
• Get rich, dark blacks on matte and glossy papers with matte black and photo black HP Photo Inks.
• Expand your offerings—HP Photo Inks produce water-resistant prints that last up to 200 years.
• Get color reliability with HP Professional PANTONE® color emulation and Adobe
Easy, unattended, and reliable operation
• Avoid wasting time and money on
trial and error with automatic color
calibration thanks to the embedded spectrophotometer.
• Optimize performance, ink usage— automatic servicing routines help prevent nozzle clogging, reduce media waste.
• Save time with HP Printer Utility
software—printer status communications, desktop alerts, automatic updates.
• Enable unattended printing—300-ml Original HP ink cartridges help reduce interventions.
Print time color image ISO N5 (best, D glossy paper)
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D glossy paper)
Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, D coated paper)
Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D coated paper)
Maximum rate of output for color image 100% color coverage (Bandes file). Printed in Fast mode, on HP Bright White Inkjet Paper (Bond), maximum roll size, with HP Vivid Photo Inks.)
32 GB (virtual)
Standard, 160 GB
Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Black: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
HP Thermal Inkjet
Number of print cartridges
8 (cyan, magenta, yellow, light cyan, light gray, light magenta, matte black, photo black)
Non-printable area (cut-sheet)
0.2 x 0.67 x 0.2 x 0.2 in
Guaranteed minimum line width
0.0031 in (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))
Median < 1.6 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.8 dE2000
< 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
Average < 0.5 dE2000, 95% of colors < 1.4 dE2000
Maximum optical density (black)
4 L* min/2.5 D
Finished output handling
automatic cutter (cuts all media except canvas)
Photographic, proofing, fine art printing material, self-adhesive, banner and sign, bond and coated, backlit, fabric/textile
Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls)
8.3 to 44-in wide sheets
11 to 44-in rolls
Media sizes, custom
8.3 x 11 to 44 x 66 in
Roll external diameter
Up to 31.5 mil
Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T)
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified
EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
Adobe PostScript 3, Adobe PDF, TIFF, JPEG, CALS G4, HP PCL 3 GUI, HP-GL/2
Power and operating requirements
170 watts (printing), < 31 watts (ready), < 12 watts (< 30 watts with embedded Digital FrontEnd) (sleep), 0.1 watts (off)
Operating temperature range
41 to 104ºF
(5 to 40ºC )
Operating humidity range
20 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
69.7 x 27.2 x 41.2 in